New & Noteworthy
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19). That means understanding how it affects our employees, our clients and their employees; and how to prepare our own operations to stay agile and effective. We have always been guided by two simple objectives: the health and safety of our employees and honoring the commitments we’ve made to you and your employees. With these two things in mind, we want you to know our teams stand ready to manage all claims that are submitted by your employees to ensure they and their families receive the service and experience that we have committed to.
What we're doing
Help us help your employees
- We have deployed a response team that meets daily to make thoughtful decisions as we navigate this new threat.
- We continue to publish guidelines and helpful information for clients, brokers and employees on employee absence and leave related to coronavirus. We have also addressed the topic in our leading blog, Matrix-Radar.
- We have ensured maximum flexibility among our claims teams and service hubs to help ensure business continuity and consistency of service.
- We continue to monitor virtually every reputable news outlet, both locally and nationally, as well as local and state level health officials to ensure we are as up to date as is possible at any given moment in time.
While we have not yet seen a spike in activity associated with COVID-19 claims, we recognize that this is a very real possibility. For this reason, we would like to remind you of the self-service options that are available to your employees in their time of need. Of course, our call-center remains available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, however, in the event of high call volume and increase wait times; employees can always file their claims online (at www.matrixabsence.com
) and receive the same level of care that they (and you) have come to expect. Here’s how it works:
The employee should...
- Login to their eServices account at matrixabsence.com. Don’t have one? You can create one right from there.
- Once logged in, look at the left side of your screen and click on "File a Claim". If you have open claims here, make sure to look at those to make sure you don’t already have a claim open with the same dates.
- From there it’s simply fill in the blanks. The process should take less than 10 minutes. Don’t have all of the information? That’s okay. Your employee can save their intake form and come back and finish it later.
Here’s what they’ll need to file a new claim:
- The name and specialty, as well as office and fax number of their treating professional.
- Important dates like, last day worked and when they plan to be back at work (best guess is fine).
You can also provide your employees an easy to understand video starring our own digital assistant, Rita, at https://player.vimeo.com/video/173782087. Also, once their claim is filed they can check status either on the web or via our Matrix Mobile app on any iOS or Android enabled device.
Finally, we are closely following the guidelines and recommendations from all federal and state health agencies including the Centers for Disease Control
(CDC) and the Department of Labor
(DOL) and will provide updates as necessary.